Frequently Asked Questions
From where & when can the DHCBA Membership Application form be obtained?
Forms can be obtained Monday to Friday, between 10:00am to 5pm (expect on holidays) from the Delhi High Bar Association Office located in The Delhi High Court, Shershah Road,New Delhi – 110503. Entry from Gate number 5.
Can applicants download the application form from the website?
No, downloaded forms will not be accepted. Applicants would be required to purchase the application form from the DHCBA office.
What is the membership fees?
Enrolment / Admission fee is as below – payable by way of cheque in favour of “Delhi High Court Bar Association Admission Fee”
- Lawyers who are below 30 years of age – Rs.2500
- Lawyers who above 30 years of age – Rs.5000 and
- Senior Advocates – Rs.10,000 .
One Year’s subscription shall also be payable along with application for membership. Membership Form & Rules : Rs.250. Readmission Fees Rs.5000/- payable by way of cheque in favour of “Delhi High Court Bar Association.”
NOTE: The cheque has to be made from the personal account of the applicant. Cash, Demand Draft or on-line transfers are not accepted.
The Revised Monthly subscription is as follows:
- Members below 5 years of practice – Rs.100/- per month
- Members having 5-15 years of practice – Rs.200/- per month
- Members having 15-25 years of practice – Rs.200/- per month
- Members above 25 years of practice – Rs.300/- per month
- Designated Senior – Rs.1250/- per month
How to pay the membership fees?
Admission Fee & Subscription as applicable by way of two separate Cheques-
- Admission Fee payable by way of cheque in favour of “Delhi High Court Bar Association Admission Fee”
- Subscription Fee payable by way of cheque in favour of “Delhi High Court Bar Association.”
NOTE: In case of dishonour of cheque(s) Rs.500/- will be levied as cheque bouncing charges.
What documents are required to be submitted with the application form?
The following is required –
- Photocopy of Bar council Enrolment Certificate & photocopy of Law Degree.
- Photocopy of Matric / Higher Secondary Certificate in proof of age.
- One photograph in robes.
- Cheques for Membership & subscription Fees as applicable
What are the membership benefits?
DHCBA Membership comes with many advantages and benefits. Lawyer Welfare, Education, advocacy, networking, volunteering and mentoring opportunities, insurance, referrals — these are just some of the many reasons to belong to the Delhi High Court Bar Association.
New Delhi – 110503